Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Vocal Strain?

Around four months ago, I was attempting to hit notes in my head voice after warming up and doing proper breathing ect. However I believe I pushed too hard and felt a slight fatigue in my throat, but no pain. The following week I lost my voice for an entire week. After that, my voice came back slowly and the pain seemed to have gone away. Recently, however, whenever I talk at a normal speaking rate, I have a pain on the left side of my throat behind my Addams apple. Whenever this occurs, I also am able to hear my breathing/talking in my left ear, also known as having a Patulous Eustachian tube. This never happened before this incident, and with increasing frequency, I am beginning to lose my voice more and more often. Is it possible that I have an infection? Or have strained my throat and damaged it? I wasn't doing this for an extended period of time, but I've read all that it takes is an instant. I've been doing various home treatment, such as teas/honey/anti-inflammatory herbs etc. Thanks for all the feedback.

-Brandon

Comments