Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Steam InHaler

I got one of the steam inhaler things that Ken discusses in his videos on getting rid of mucus for Christmas this year. Super cool tool. So, mmost of the stuff Ken mentioned he said to use when your sick or have a cold or the flew. Is it the same with the steam inhalers or is it good to use them daily?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 9,697Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    You know, a good hot shower with steam can really clear your sinuses out from inhaling some vapors, even if you don't feel ill. It has a way of getting gunk loose that you didn't know was in your nose, throat, or sinuses.

I have the steamer, too, but I only use it when I'm feeling like I might need extra help, from weather, allergy, or heath stresses. A shower seems to be enough on other occasions.

When I do have a congestion or throat issue, I usually open a bottle of tea tree oil and hold it near the steam mask, so that the vapors from the tea tree oil are drawn into the mask and penetrate with the steam vapors.

I just do that for a few seconds to help open up the sinuses and upper vocal tract.

Bob
  • @highmtn I was amazed, like you said, I had mucus and junk I didn't even realize I had. haha! I won't use it everyday, but probably often