Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Some Live footage of me and my band. Would love to know what you think

louisjameslouisjames Posts: 114Enrolled
helooo! its been a while since i came on here, me and my band Dirty Thrills have been very busy. Just thought id share this compilation video from a gig we played december 2016 Supporting the legendary Scorpions! first F5 is a little ropey but there are a few big notes in there. let us know what you think ! Would love your opinion too Ken

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,685Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Nice work, @louisjames

Long time no see. You're sounding good there, bro! Nice A5!

Bob
  • louisjameslouisjames Posts: 114Enrolled
    good to be back! Thanks its stll a work it progress! still get some tension at times which drives me mad!
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Posts: 186Pro
    Bro that was excellent on every level. I'm gonna peruse all your posts, but just thought I'd ask directly - what was your development like as a singer? What was your journey like to get this good? Because dude. Your voice AND touring with the Scorpions!!! Unbelievable.
  • jamespleasestopjamespleasestop Posts: 13Member
    Dude it must be amazing performing for crowds like that. Loved it. \m/ \m/
  • louisjameslouisjames Posts: 114Enrolled
    Kai, Thank You Very much! sorry for the late reply, ive not been on here for a while due to extensive touring! The journey is different for everyone man, I guess the best advice is to not do what i do so often and get frustrated with yourelf, I still to this day beat myself up and i confess I dont practice nearly as much as I should, But I have found thebest things for me were, putting the sound in my mask on the high notes, cutting backthe air volume as much as able ( which i still struggle with at times) I use alot of vocal slides and cries to access certain notes as well. Hope this helps a little, the main thing is carry on and be patient. Oh and GIG! its the best workout.

• ikingiking Posts: 90Pro
    Nice Dude. You rocked it like a Hurricane!