Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Song suggestion for beginners

Hey guys,

I thought it would be a nice idea for everyone to give beginner song suggestions :) so please leave em here :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 12,843Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    I like 99 bottles of beer on the wall.
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 12,843Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    On a more sober, er, somber note, a lot of people start out on "Take it Easy" by the Eagles, or "Drive" by the Cars.
  • kennethkenneth Posts: 1Member, 2.0 PRO
    There is a song book called Songs and Creations. It has about a thousand songs that are of all types. Religious, Eric Clapton, old timey songs, Negro-Spirituals, Beatles, and on and on.

The chordings are presented on keys that most people can sing as it is a sing-along book. Also, there are a couple formats. One is lyrichord, (words with guitar chords) and one that has musical notations to learn the song if you don't know it already.

My wife and I are using it because it is really fun to sing songs without having to stress our voices trying to be 'awesome' (we are beginners so being awesome at this point is kind of silly) and the songs themselves are a lot of fun.

Here is the site. songsandcreations.com
    Hope this helps.
  • olskoololskool Posts: 68Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    At my gigs i usually start with Call Me The Breeze by John Mayer.
    It's an easy song to learn too.
    But yeah, you really just have to hit the oldies. Not literally mind.
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 891Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Blue on Black - Kenny Wayne Sheppard is a pretty easy tune also.

Peace, Tony
  • ALEXDEITEMEYERALEXDEITEMEYER Posts: 27Member
    "Metropolis Part 1: The miracle and the sleeper" by Dream Theater.

Im joking on that one, but seriously "Good, Good Father" by Christ Tomlin is a smooth and easy song to learn.