Home Off Topic

Overcoming physical handicaps to be able to sing

BobbyDee77BobbyDee77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 47
I didn't know where else to post this, so here it is.

Is anyone else on here dealing with physical handicaps they have to overcome to sing? The reason I ask is that I was doing real good with KTVA as I was headed into my 5th month. Then I had to pretty much get emergency oral surgery and have 12 teeth removed all at once. The downside to that is I now have a partial upper denture and have to learn how to talk properly again and chew my food. So I now have this foreign hardware in my mouth that may just be too much to deal with. I can't try to sing yet, because I had the surgery yesterday and it will take a while until the swelling goes down along with the obvious pain.

Is there anyone here the sings that has to wear partial or full dentures- or do you know somebody who does and can sing well with them? I am seriously bummed out right now. Thanks. And to all who are overcoming their handicap- I would love to hear from you and draw from your inspiring courage determination. God bless you.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hang in there, BobbyDee77. I'm sure you'll have some adjustments to make, but I think you'll be OK. I don't have any of that hardware, but I've heard some folks sing that I knew had dentures. People still loved to hear them sing.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You can do this, Bobby.
    I'm just starting to learn Reaper, as well. I haven't had time to get very far into working with it, other than turn it on and let it record.

It's pretty handy, though. I can run it on a laptop and get 32 track live recordings done of my band.