Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

When I sing Iron Maiden my throat hurts. Any advice?

Hi there! I'm new here. I love music and I love singing. When I was a little girl I sang all the time. I studied classical singing for 2 years and I have a strong head voice. Singing for me is like eating or breathing and I want to learn all the vocal styles in order to be versatile. I'm a rock/metal lover and I also sing in an Iron Maiden Coverband but I have a big problem: everytime that I sing a song by them my throat hurts. It's like I'm forcing too much but I can't understand because if I sing a Metallica or...i don't...Led Zeppelin song I have no problem and "my throat doesn't hurt". I think I have the right technique (I have experience in the "singing field" and I've studied for lots of years) but when I sing Iron Maiden is like I'm forgetting all the things I've learnt. Any advice to sing better Iron Maiden without any tension?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,518Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    edited May 25
    Hi, @veronicas, and Welcome.

Can you post a demo here of you singing one of these songs that causes you to hurt? I don't want you to hurt your voice, but if you already have a recording of it, it would be helpful to hear exactly what it is that you are doing. It doesn't have to be a whole song demo. It could be 20 seconds demonstrating just the problem.