Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Starting point, first song here - Make It Wit Chu

Hi all !

A few days ago I bought the Weekend Warrior course, and for the moment I've only watched the first video.
I'm posting this as a starting point here, and would appreciate a little feedback. I can sing this on higher notes, but feel more comfortable lower.
"Make It Wit Chu" by Queens of the Stone Age...

Comments

• stratmanstratman Posts: 247Moderator, Pro
    @4strings2rock you’re starting in a good place. Your pitch is pretty good. It was a little hard to hear you though. A little more brightness and support will help you shine. Thanks for having the courage to post this. If you feel comfortable doing so, how about posting a Lah exercise? We use that here on the forum as a standard way to give feedback on your progress.

Cheers
    Rob
  • 4strings2rock4strings2rock Posts: 19Member
    Thank you.
    Lah exercise ?
    Will I find that in the Weekend Warrior course, or is it only in the complete version ?

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,656Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    @4strings2rock,

It's there in Weekend Warrior. It's Exercise 2 in the audio workouts, whether it's the Thor or the Xena workouts. The AH vowel. Lah.

You'll need to make your voice dominant (louder) than Ken or in the case of Make it wit Chu, the vocalist on the recording. We need to hear Your Voice with only a hint of the backing vocal.
    Ok, thanks, I'll try that.
    First time Lah exercise.
    I had the backing track on earphones...is that ok...or are we supposed to hear a little of the backing voice ?

@4strings2rock I can’t access your video ...might be set to private? You don’t need to set it to public but it will need to be at least set to “unlisted” for those you want to share the link with i.e. for here :)
    edited November 30
    Oops - you are correct @stratman , it was private... o:)
    @4strings2rock thanks for posting. Generally good. I think with a bit more support (below ribs) you’ll nail those notes that seem difficult currently. As you ascended higher and higher, I noticed a few notes not quite at the right pitch. After reaching your highest note, the arpeggios on the way back down seemed better that the ones on the way up. Maybe you were able to relax a little once you hit the top? Keeping our throat relaxed and maintaining good support is key.

Cheers
    Rob
    stratman said:

As you ascended higher and higher, I noticed a few notes not quite at the right pitch. After reaching your highest note, the arpeggios on the way back down seemed better that the ones on the way up.

Very interesting observation ! But i don't know why...I'll pay more attention to that next time !