Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Please Help!

My falsetto does not sound good. It doesn't blend with my chest voice. And I have difficulties in doing it; when I go into my falsetto, its as if there is a wall that I have to break so that I can go into my falsetto. PLEASE HELP :(

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Hey Schubert,

Can you do a video of what is happening? It would be allot easier to figure out what's going on if we could see/hear what is happening.

Cheers,

Phillip
  • SchubertSchubert Member Posts: 12
    Can I send you a voicemail in facebook or something?
    Just record it on your phone (or web camera), post it to youtube and copy the link here.
    Easy-peasy :smile:
    ok, I hear what you are saying now. It's like a honking resonation at your passagio (Where your chest voice meets your head voice.) This is most likely caused by too much air being forced through while trying to hit those notes.
    I would seriously start right at the beginning to build your vocal foundation.
    Start with the "Lah" scale exercises ("Ah vowel"), as that is the best way to build your voice fast.
    Look to the navigation panel to the left for information on the "Ah vowel" as well as "Videos - For all KTVA students. You'll find more information in there about it.

If you choose to do a deeper dive into it, you can subscribe to "Weekend Warriors" or the Full program to get more in-depth information on how to build the foundation, then develop your voice to a high level.

Cheers,

Phillip
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited December 2017
    Schubert,

The sound you are making on your demo is a D5, but your phonation is a hooty-flutey sound and isn't really a useable head voice sound. It's almost like the bottom of a whistle-voice register, but not that useful in actual singing.

I suggest you try the exercises in Ken's YouTube video on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_bZEbZeRac

Try to get the sound Ken is making on those head voice exercises. That's what you want. At least get a start on that. Do the exercises gently. Not too loud. Try to ease into them.
  • SchubertSchubert Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Phil! And highmtn, you're right, it isn't useful in singing. Thank you both for your advice. :smile: