Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

My Tribute to Ronnie James Dio!

hardrockvicehardrockvice Posts: 2Member
Hello guys ! my name is Ronald Penko, and this is my humble tribute to the great Ronnie James Dio!

Thank you for watching! : )

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 898Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @hardrockvice , damn boy, that's bloody wicked!

I do have a few questions for you though:
    - Were you cutting the air back or approaching pretty close to full voice?
    - In other words, how loud were you going there? Say, if you downloaded a free DB meter for your phone what would your average DB be I wonder?
    - Lastly, how did you voice feel after that performance?

Cheers man,

Keep rockin in the free world!

Phillip
  • hardrockvicehardrockvice Posts: 2Member
    Furious_Phil ,

hey ! thank you!!

As for the questions, I am not sure if I understood correctly, because I am self taught, never had lessons.
    So I don´t really pay attention to technical things and terms. But I can try to describe in my own way.

If I sing and it sounds good to my liking and it´s not hurting, then it´s correct enough for me and it´s all that I need. but I sing for few years now just because I love it and found this forum would be nice to show my video, as my youtube channel is new.

I sing loud, I can tell, because I like volume. But not overdoing it, I don´t feel like yelling, but wide volume and only enough to what the note needs, but that is so second nature after I found/developed my comfortable way of singing...hard to explain.

So, yeah, I DO control the amount of power I am using, not full power, specially in distorted parts.
    when I think of it, it´s like I am supporting the distortion in the upper/back of my mouth (soft palate) and keeping it there at certain force, not overdoing, because there is the area I found that will not hurt, so I hold it there you know, supported, resonating , just what I need.... makes sense at all the way I am saying ?

The parts I need to push harder and louder are probably in´´some light can never be seeeeeeen yeah!´´ , that ´´seeeeeeen´´ you know just before the guitar solo? and also in the last ´´holy diveeeeeeeeeer´´ phrase at 3:55 , when I go to that much higher note, consequently I push it harder to hit the note and it gets louder. But I think that is the case with everybody. Higher note, more power needed. Unless the song is soft. Not the case here : )

I don´t feel my vocal tired after this song.

different from a song like G´N´R Welcome to the Jungle or Judas Priest - Painkiller!
    Those ones I think everybody needs a more relaxed song after, to take some breath! very demanding!

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 898Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Thanks for the explanation!
  • ashfittisashfittis Posts: 139Member
    DIO is my favourite male well one of my favourite male singers ill watch your vid in a minute love this song holy diver , I also love Chris Cornell , Kurt Cobain etc