Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Born To Be Wild

My Detroit garage band style of Born To Be Wild.

Peace, Tony

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 895Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Kickin' names and takin' a$$ brother!
    Can you tell us about the gear you used to do this?
    And maybe the DAW you used to mix it down... I think that is great info to pass on to help demystify the process :smile:
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 956Pro, 2.0 PRO
    DAW: ZOOM R-8
    Mic: Sure SM-57
    Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Pro Plus
    Bass: Univox
    Drums: Alesis electronic

Used the on board effects from the DAW. Guitar: Overdrive 50%, short delay, reverb 27%.
    Vocals: Short Delay, reverb 50%, chorus 22%
    Drums: Dry
    Bass: dry
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 895Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    You mixed it on the R8?
    I actually have one of those as well, damn fine unit!
    Yes, I dont even use a mixing board. I just plug whatever I'm recording right into it, set up my sound, and start working. I usually only use it for writing, and practicing singing. I'm sure I could get a good polished sound from the unit, but there are better and more efficient units for the final product.

Peace, Tony
    Update: Decided to get back into doing video, and was playing around with this song. I used a chromakey effect (green/blue screen) It was interesting enough for me to share so here it is, Tony live from Pinckney MI. ha ha ha

Peace, Tony

• rkirsnerrkirsner Posts: 36Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Infectious ...I sang along with you and your band twice! (I incidentally have a tongue -in-cheek schtick declaring that all rock songs derive their riffs from BTBW)...You are developing a strong rocker's voice, I think.

-Ron
    Thank you. On that particular recording it's just me playing. My band actually sounds a lot better doing it.

I'm trying to get a good strong voice. Working everyday but Sunday, and pushing the limits now and then just to see if I can.

Glad you enjoyed my version of it.

Peace, Tony