Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Vocal Range

Hello Ken Tamplin
I've been singing for 7 months now and improved a lot from when i've been from watching your free videos on youtube (because I can't afford yet your course).
I just have one question.
My vocal range is from D2 to F5 but I can reach B5 too (after your lessons). Can I improve it more and why I can't hold a high note longer ?
I hope you understand what I want and thanks a lot for your free tips.

Comments

• stratmanstratman Posts: 260Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    I doubt anyone will be able to tell you what your limit will ultimately be but you may soon get to a point where you’ll need to transition to whistle voice. Your question got me into thinking what are the maximums well known singers achieve. I found the following that may be of interest to you

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/top-artists-vocal-range_n_5357698.html
  • Ilazsadiku96Ilazsadiku96 Posts: 2Member
    Well thanks a lot sir. I completley agree with that. About my limits I don't know what to say either because I started singing and learning from Ken videos 7 months ago and developed a vocal range by that time. I never hit notes like I do now and I am very satisfied of what I am capable of.
    So if I am not bothering your time I just want to ask you one more thing. When I hit B5 I can't hold for long that note. That should be my limit right ?