Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Newbie Demo! Still Breathing, Green Day

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s531/sh/fdab7cd0-4cbe-4d90-b54a-d947c6f8eea9/cb8163adeac1df31cc1eb77cf9b593ef

Hi, all! I'm really excited to be a student of KTVA. Here's a baseline recording of my singing while I'm playing guitar. Any feedback is much appreciated. My goals for this course. ..gain more confidence, better pitch and more power!

Comments

• videoacevideoace Posts: 1,808Pro, 2.0 PRO
    As far as pitch goes, it was pretty good. I noticed a few little spots, but nothing terrible.

Your voice is a bit breathy, and could use a little more feeling.

Your voice also needs some strengthening, and when that happens it should also take care of a confidence problem.

Peace, Tony
  • Bexanne77Bexanne77 Posts: 24Member, STREAMING PRO
    Cool, thanks, videoace. That's good feedback. I notice that I have a different, disconnected quality to my voice (less feeling) when I'm simultaneously playing guitar. I'm hoping to improve this as well with more practice. Recording and reviewing surprisingly helps a lot. "I sound like THAT?!" LOL. It's my first time actually listening to myself sing, since I've been too chicken to do that in the past. Let's all break more personal barriers! !! I love all the student demos; keep 'em coming!!
    ...and the irony of the breathiness comment to a song called Still Breathing is pretty funny
    You just have to do it. If you like to sing, you will.
    I did notice some mistakes on the guitar, but because this is a singing environment I didn't comment on it. (I also play guitar)
    It's a good start, and I also thought about the title when I was listening to you sing it lol.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,941Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Bexanne77,

If you purchased a KTVA course, you should follow the directions in the link below. It will give you access to a lot more student information.

http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest
    Videoace, thanks again. I know it may be off topic to talk about guitar, but what we're the things that you noticed on the guitar playing? I don't mind you pointing it out to me if you are able to do so. If not, that's ok.
    Thanks, highmtn. That is very good to know. I got the enrollment streaming as a Christmas present, and I think I need my husband to forward me the receipt for the course to be able to get the upgrade. I'll do that.
    For the guitar it was just timing issues. As you went into the first chorus I noticed you lost concentration on the guitar, but I had the same issues, and still do, just not as bad. Just something that will work itself out the more we do it.

Peace, Tony
    I really appreciate it! I'll keep working at it :)