Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

The feeling of the back of the throat

what must be the real feeling in the back of the throat when you do the excercises?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 12,711Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Openness. Like when you're fighting to hold back from yawning. Very wide open in the back.
  • markbuhay12markbuhay12 Posts: 21Member
    Sir I'm really really disappointed that I can't do the " it's the law ah"
  • DiegoDiego Posts: 258Member
    Try to pretend like the doctor is examining your throat and is using one of those wooden sticks.
    And try to make a bright sound.
    Just keep practicing and it'll come to you.

All the best,
    -Diego
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 890Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @markbuhay12 It's just "LAH". Doing it "law-ah" would be incorrect. The only time you use "law" would be for your first vowel modification, but you do it very subtle. So subtle that it's not noticeable. Just a little tweak in the back of the throat.
    Have you tried creating space in the back of the throat as Ken suggests, and shape it as if there is an imaginary ball in your throat? (while keeping the tongue flat against the lower jaw)

Peace, Tony
    edited May 11
    Good point, Tony. That is exactly right about no "w" in "It's the Lah!!! AH!!!"

It's not "It's the LAW! AW!" It should be pronounced "It's the LAH!!! (no w") AHH!!! (no "w")

AHHH! AHH! Gottat get the AH right. If the AH isn't RIGHT, Nothing will be right.

The "w" is the first addition of "closing down" the Ah vowel in the throat. We start out at OPEN as possible.
    This is actually a discussion for the student areas of the forums. I see you haven't gotten a student upgrade on the forums, @markbuhay12
  • markbuhay12markbuhay12 Posts: 21Member
    mr @videoace why i feel like my vocal chords is straining?