Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Practical Tips

Any practical tips on making mix less warm?

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 981Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    I afraid I'll need a bit more information before I can begin to attempt to answer that ;)
  • JusticeGemJusticeGem Posts: 71Pro
    Any practical tips on making my mixed voice less warm & less thick?*

How should I do my workouts to thin out my overall tone?
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 981Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 331Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    edited May 31
    @JusticeGem what i understand you want to do is you want to make your voice lighter and not pulling chest, i assume that you worked through the volumes 1, 2 and 3, so what I would suggest you is to go really low volume on the warmups, and with this, i mean not pulling anything, almost as adding an unnoticeable "h" at the beginning of every AH, or any vowel, this is kind of the "birth of the sound of every vowel" what im talking about, all the support and openness and smile is applied exactly the same, other thing you can do is get the streaming version of Ken, where he talks about mixed voice in a whole volume (volume 5) and check this video, it´ll help you understand what im talking about

Thanks very much man. I'm gonna do my workouts w/ low volume from now on :smile:

00:02 , 00:18 & 00:30 :- And how can I thin out my chest up that high?

04:01 Live Version: I can hit the notes but the issue is it sounds too strong & heavy. I'm guessing it also has to do with the vocal fach as well. SInce Zayn is a light lyric tenor & I'm a dramatic tenor, his tone is naturally thinner opposed to mine.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Will I be able to thin out my tone considering my fach in the future (if I train for it)?

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 331Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    i would have to hear your version to hear what you are doing