Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hoarseness and everyday practice

Hello

I'm practicing KTVA for a few months, side by side with my weekly lesson with my vocal coach.
I noticed that my voice is in it's peak after a long period of just being quiet. Sure, my voice should be warmed up a bit before singing but yet - it sounds fresh and healthy.
On the other hand, after practicing KTVA day after day, I feel I'm getting hoarse and my voice is tired.

What is the best approach then? Do I miss anything?

Thanks

Comments

• VocalityVocality Posts: 6702.0 PRO
    edited August 13
    @forepick first off you should not go hoarse something your doing is not quite right, it would be great if you could post Lah vowel triad scale in both head and chest just to hear what’s going on. That helps us to pinpoint your progression and any apparent issues that need to be addressed.

Hoarse is caused by over-singing remember to do those exercises gently to start with. Also we’re building strength which takes time we can get fatigue now and then especially at the start.

:)

Vocality
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 990Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    @forepick you probably arent either supporting that well, or doing it too loud, it would help if you record a Lah exercise as @Vocality stated, we could be of help
  • coffeecrankcoffeecrank Posts: 222.0 PRO
    edited August 16
    @forepick I had the exact same issue, I started getting hoarse a bit after practice, and that only happened 3 months in... Turned out I was really missing some key concepts from Volume 1. I went back, re-watched all videos, carefully watched myself doing everything correctly, and now the issue is gone and I don't get tense or hoarse after exercises (just a bit tense on the hardest ones at the top of the piano range).