Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Slaves and Bulldozers

freedomfreedom Posts: 30Enrolled
edited January 2012 in Ken Tamplin's Corner
Hey, I've been doing the lessons and I'm on stage 3 now. I've gotta say my voice has drastically improved and I'm very thankful for Ken doing this and having all the resources up.

I know you (Ken) are an amazing singer and you've done countless vocal demonstrations. I was wondering if you could maybe do some Chris Cornell and in particular Slaves and Bulldozers. To me this song is just insane and I would love to see someone other than Cornell sing it.

Comments

• timitzitimitzi Posts: 14Enrolled
    edited July 2012
    Holy damn, this song is tricky! The super-high notes (though already tricky) are not even the most difficult part about the song, I find the passagio-jumps around 4th and 5th octave especially hard...
  • freedomfreedom Posts: 30Enrolled
    Exactly. I've been trying to sing it and I think I'm getting alright, I'd like to upload it but I can't right now.

But ya Chris has so much power everywhere in his range and especially in that middle between F# to C. For me once I get into pure head voice above high C I'm pretty much fine as long as I use lots of support, but having that heavy awesome sound between G4# and C while saying thing rather than staying on one vowel is where it gets really difficult