Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Love reign o'er me (The Who) by George

bluesbirdbluesbird Posts: 59Pro
Hey guys, long time no see...!!
Here's a demonstration with lots of distortion and moving from distorted to clean sound, and from chest to head and back a lot.
I hope you like it!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,488Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro

Wow!  George, this sounds pretty good!

Nice to hear from you again!  I like this a lot!

The distortion sounds like you're hitting it pretty hard.  I'm concerned that it may be a little rough on your cords.

Do you have any setbacks from this?  I usually recommend mixing in a little more clean sound with a little less distortion from a vocal health/longevity aspect.  How does it feel after you do this sound for a while?

You guys are really coming along well with your sound!

Bob

• bluesbirdbluesbird Posts: 59Pro
    Hey Bob!!
    No, the distortion doesn't hurt a bit, and if you notice, I return to a clean sound on some occasions. Believe it or not, it's all head voice, over compression, and the chords feel really relaxed when I do it!! Tricked you huh? Haha!!
    The notes are B4flat and E5flat where I kick in the distortion, and I get in and out it as I please by now!
    Thanks so much for your comments!! Of course my aim isn't to sing ALL the time like this, but for such songs I find it impressive and that's where I'm gonna use it.
    We'll be posting more songs soon!
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,488Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro

These demos show a lot of improvement since the last time you two posted!  You're making big strides!  Rock On!!!

Bob

Thank you so much Bob, it's really appreciated!! We've been working really hard all those months!!
  • sspatricksspatrick Posts: 1,278Moderator, Enrolled
    @bluebird. Good work on this song. I would still brighten your tone a little more overall. Especially when using distortion. It naturally darkens the tone so you can compensate by bringing the sound into the mask.
    Thanks @sspatrick !! To tell you the truth, all the sound was driven into the mask in the distortion parts, intentionally, and of course mouth was wide open. I could feel the resonance in all the front of my skull!! Larynx was in neutral position, even a little lower, can't be quite sure of that, and most of the times I'm returning to a clean sound, just as Ken instructed, and of course, for the aesthetics of the song.