Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Condenser Mic

Hey guys! Can you all recommend some good open sounding, crisp sounding, and true sounding microphones within the 100-600 dollar range. I really am having trouble deciding on a mic. I like to sing really heavy rock vocals like Chris Cornell, Layne Staley, and Sebastian Bach. I also sing really loud. Hopefully someone can help me. 

Comments

• 0 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Rob,

Most folks that use the Rode NT1 seem to really like it. The Rode seems to be a good mic for the money.

I bought a second-hand Groove Tubes GT66 on eBay.  I paid about $350 for it several years ago. It is a tube-powered condenser with a large diaphragm.  I have  some Audio-Technica multi-pattern mics, but I prefer the sound of the GT66.

Whatever mic you get should have a -10 dB switch on it, since you sing very loud.  That will help to prevent overdriving the preamp stage of your recording chain.

Bob