Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Please listen to my demo of Break In by Halestorm!!!

Hi all! I'm new and just about to start the Ken Tamplin Programme. I thought it would be good to post a link to a soundcloud song of mine to get some analysis before I start the programme and also as a sort of milestone as to where I am now for comparison later. 
So here I am singing Halestorm's Break In a couple of months ago. Some unbiased critique would be massively welcomed!!
Happy listening!
Rhea
x

Comments

• Jean-ChristianJean-Christian Posts: 11Enrolled
    Hey, I liked your cover - Halestorm's lead singer is a hard one to match since most women don't have that natural 'grit'. 

Your pitch is great, and I liked the harmonies.

I'm sure you'll be able to add some grit/vocal compression - unless you are more after a clean style of singing.
  • iamwilliamwill Posts: 5Pro
    That was really well done - Lzzy is a tough one to match for sure!

Lots of feeling/emotion in your voice. Many times covers are technically sound or interesting interpretations, but I think it's harder to bring the emotion across.