Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

My new band called Srofase

kurzweilkurzweil Posts: 27Enrolled
Hi there!

I have used Ken's methods to improve my technique. Here is my new band, called Srofase. From our website you can listen all songs from our debyt-album called 1804. Please check out and leave comments. Thanks!

-Esa / Srofase

Comments

• mivisonmivison Posts: 191Pro, 2.0 PRO
    good stuff!
    which 1 are you in the picture? 
  • kurzweilkurzweil Posts: 27Enrolled
    Hi!

Thanks! First from the left.
  • mivisonmivison Posts: 191Pro, 2.0 PRO
    in what way has KTVA help you ?
  • kurzweilkurzweil Posts: 27Enrolled
    When i started to sing, in 2010, i tried many styles and used several days and hours to actually learn how can i sing high notes constantly with baritone voice. I was lucky and found some technique how i could sign really high notes powerfully. Afterall i found that i did something wrong, or tried too much because my voice was very tired after few notes. I tried some light pop-singing courses but i got totally lost with those and i almost stopped to believe that i can be singer with good range and power. In 2011 summer i got a chance to test my voice in studiorecordings. First time was ok, but i got comments from guys that "put a little more power" and so on. After that moment i decided to find some technique that really grows my voice and fits for rock and metal singing. Then i found KTVA. I was really exited about things that "i can use my voice loudly and healthy" and KTVA reminded me a littlebit those first steps what i had with singing. I was on right track already when i started but i overtrained my voice because i tried so much. With KTVA i founded that growing the voice is like a training a muscle. You cannot push your voice day after day. But if it feels ok and sounds ok, you are on right track. Voice needs a lot of practice and understanding. AND REST!!! 

I did some practice with volume 1 and i found it really helpfull. The next studio session was great. Guys were very exited because suddenly i had big voice and i was able to really compress my sound. The placement and compressing is the keys to really sing those mind blowing notes. And compressing is also "the key" to raspy sound.
  • Hans_KristensenHans_Kristensen Posts: 19Enrolled
    Hi Kurzweil

I think Your voice is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If I compare Your voice to those who really hit the big scene, I think that You bring your breast voice well high up, but I think You should work on building more power in low register.
    It sounds like a good album You and Your band have made. Good stuff and the guitarist is top class. First I though that You needed a must better producer, but then I heard the clips on Amazone.com. 

Best Regards

Hans Kristensen

• maotleemaotlee Posts: 5Enrolled
    Sounds...Awesome.  Almost wanna buy a CD!  What's it in US dollars?