Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson Cover

Hi guys!
Check out my new cover. Using quite a compressed tone, low larynx position (i think.) Actually recorded this back in January, remember it being fairly taxing on my voice to keep it up (but i loved the tone). Think my voice was a little rattly at the time but i liked the effect on the chorus and the smokey falsetto. Tore it up a lil at the end with some kinda airy high bits.(couldn't help myself) 

Thanks for listening!

Phil

Comments

• rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    edited April 2015

Nice... man that song (and the outro song) really set me back a few years, in a good way.  I really enjoyed listening to that.

I was a DJ at a really hot spot in the late 70's and early 80's when he was at the top of his game... and so were EWF!  We had a great young lady from Bennington College who could dance like nobody's business, and would dance to EWF and everyone was mesmerized by her dancing.  She would dance all by herself and have a blast.

Thanks a bunch Phil!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Phil,

You're sounding really good on this one, like always.

Keep up the good work!

Bob

• philmaherphilmaher Pro Posts: 48
    Thanks @rcrosier The power of music :)! Trying to bring back so older classics, thinking about Teardrops by Womack and Womack next. Really want to attack some more rock songs but need this kind of stuff for wedding bookings so thats taken priority for the minute! Still way fun though!

@highmtn Thanks Bob, as always! 
  • iamwilliamwill Pro Posts: 5
    Phil,
    Amazing... really dig your interpretation of the song! Well done.

-Will