Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hello from Sweden

Hi there!

I´ve always been interested in singing as long as I remember, but I´ve never did anything serious with it. Didn´t have the guts.
I never learned any techniqes.
This took a different turn about a year ago, when I got a mixer, a couple of microphones and an external sound board for recordings.
Prior to that, a friend of mine pushed me to sing in front of her. Well she nagged for almost two years before I had the guts to sing in front of her. Horrible feeling.. Not comfortable at all.

How it went? Yup, exactly as you think... :neutral:

She is a truly amazing singer, and that´s why I hesitated for so long. I really started from scratch.

So here I am a year later, trying to go from a horribly bad singer, to a litte less horribly bad singer, at least anyway. :smile:

Almost 2 years ago, I stumbleded on Ken´s vocal academy via Youtube clips. I found that he is an incredible good singer and educator. I´ve tried some of his tips from those youtube clips, and they really work. Those few moments when I´m lucky to graze what he explains, is a really cool feeling.

So someday in the future, maybe I´m good enough, and dare to sing in front of an audience, without making a fool of myself.

I will definately consider to get the DVDs. Just to see what it can do to my voice.
Kens students definately have fantastic singing voices and talents. I have no actual hopes to be that good. Otherwise I should´ve started to sing 30+ years ago. They´re so much better than I´ll ever be.

Comments

• AloisAlois Posts: 50Pro
    Välkommen!

I got the dvds 3 monthts ago and ive improved more than i could even dream of!
  • HaakonHaakon Posts: 10Member
    Cool! :smile:

Hope I can improove too. My confidence and self esteem, isn´t that good, but I will give it a shot. It´s hard to know where to go, and what to do on my own. Nice to get some direction on that :smile:
  • AloisAlois Posts: 50Pro
    You will! Just be subborn with the exercises and keep uploading sound demos! You get awsome feedback on what to train.
    Yep, I´ll try! although it´s definately going to take some time before I have the guts to upload anything.
    On the other hand.. I have some gear for making recordings, but I haven´t learned how that works yet :)
    edited July 2016
    So, since my last comment, I´ve kept doing my excercises, and noticed some small improovements. I took some beginner lessons with a local voice coach, that helped me on track with the basics. Breath support, resonance, vowel placements, and a few pointers on what I should focus on.

I´ve started to briefly grasp a couple techniques, so I know what I´m supposed to aim at with my voice. Now it´s a matter of master it over time (loooong time).
    It´s a cool feeling when I can really lean into the tone now, but not getting tired in my voice, as I used to be quite quickly.

It has been a cool journey these couple of months, and I´m stoked to see where I can go, and where I can be years from now.
    On the other hand, I´m not fooling myself thinking I can become anything big. I´m happy if I can improove my bathroom singing skills, and suck less. :)
  • DallasDallas Posts: 6Member
    Velkommen fra Norge! Keep up the singing :)