Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Question for Bob!

StevieStevie Posts: 3Member
Newby here! I'm thinking of attempting this but would like some feedback. I'm just not sure.

http://www.redkaraoke.com/profile/wallyok/recordings/603797

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 10,424Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    @StevieMac

This sounds pretty good. You could work on strengthening your breath support. You could sustain some of those notes that you're cutting a little short. Your pitch is good most of the time. On words like "I'm" try using an AH vowel instead. "Ah-m". You should be able to sustain better on an AH. "I" is actually "Ah-ee".

All the Best!

Bob
  • Bob, I'll take it! This was my first attempt at this song. I've done better with staying on pitch since then. I'll try your advise on vowels. I think I sound naseley (if that's a word) if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for the feedback! Stevie
  • StevieStevie Posts: 3Member
    edited November 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @highmtn

Bob, I knew I had seen this in your post and had to go back and find this. In your post above months ago, you referred to me as @StevieMac! I knew I had seen this before here and elsewhere, and am in an argument with friends about this. Where does this term come from? Putting "Mac" at the end of a name when referring to a singer? They think I'm crazy and it's nothing, but I think it's a thing! Oh how I hope you'll enlighten me! Google has been no help!

Thanks, StevieMac!

PS: Your advice on vowels really helped me and I can't believe the progress I've made!
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 10,424Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    @Stevie,

That was my bad. When I type in the @ symbol and start typing, the program gives me "suggested" possibilities. I see that there is a "Stevie" (you) and a "StevieMac" (somebody else) and I wasn't watching to see the different Stevies that the autofill filled-in.

So, yes. You ARE crazy, but so are the rest of us. It was just a quirk. So you are Stevie, not StevieMac.