Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Feeling like I cant get it back! HELP

tjr66tjr66 Posts: 5Pro
edited June 13 in The Singer's Lobby
OK....Serious question to anyone who may have had this issue or at least knows what i mean...I had a bad lengthy sinus/respiratory illness. the boys n I had a few jams during this time ( wonder now if this was a bad idea ) but for the most part we all just took some time to get well. Now, I have recovered ( not to mention allergy season is upon me now ) but I feel like I'm going through puberty at 51 now as my voice seems to have lost range, lost mids, well lost isn't accurate, cracks and flutters is more like it. I cant seem to sing nearly as well as I did 3 months ago. I feel like giving it all up now but I'm an optimist. Does anyone have any ideas or insight on what to do to get it back! I could sing Boston now am struggling with REO... cant seem to shake congestion and I feel like there is always something in or behind my cords preventing me from getting it back.

Best Answers