Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

what do i need to improve? looking to enroll on the lessons

can you rate? and can you please the wrongs in my voice?

im thinking about enrolling to the ktva singing lesson, because i had a laryngitis then my chest voice came down from A4 to g#4

oh here is some sample from smule https://www.smule.com/Baaahj

i love singing bonjovi, aerosmith and radiohead songs. but i think i kinda damaged my voice :( singing the high notes

your opinion is very much appreciated. thank you!

Comments

• blondiewalesblondiewales Posts: 196Pro
    I listened to "Highway to Hell" and "Always" because those are probably the songs I know best.

You have fat, beefy, kinda gritty natural tone, it seems. It sounds cool.

However, your pitch drifts sometimes, and this is making your singing not as enjoyable as it could be. If I were you, I'd dedicate most of my singing practice to pitch work. In the case of Highway to Hell, you sometimes rush a few lines tempo-wise too. When available, listen for the snare drum and follow that.

Keep it up, and let me know if you want more details.
  • baaahjbaaahj Posts: 2Member
    edited July 25
    i think the pitch thing is due to my difficulty singing anything above E4, i have a low natural tone, my speaking voice is between f4-g4. and i cant do ken tamplin's guide on tongue placement :| I have a HUUUUGE WIDE short tongue :|

anyway my tonality changes drastically e4 above and ever since i got the laryngitis, bridging my passaggio got really hard now.

oh! if you dont mind, on the creep song if you dont mind, is the my belt on a4 good? my voice cracked there when i was descending on the notes, is there any way to prevent that?

anyway thanks! i will really try to improve my pitch and tempo :smiley:

i think i got vocal nodules now.

edit: one more question haha, am i actually using mixed voice or head voice?
    i dont know if im actually using mixed voice or head voice or am i just dragging my chest voice?
  • karinekarine Posts: 38Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    Hey !
    I only listened to creep, love that song.
    Like Blondies said, you have to work on pitch, mostly the end of the phrases. You go down.
    But you have a nice voice.
    In the course there is a section to work en pitch.
    You have good material, I really think you would do a good investment running the course and you will improve all.