Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Drying the cords while sleeping

Please someone help me
I lie in bed and I start feeling my throat getting hurt by the air especially behind my Adam's apple. When I wake up is so disturbing because I know I dry my throat for 8 hours :feelsbadman:

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,280Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    edited August 11
    By the time I wake up, my throat feels like the Sahara Desert. Some might think it's because I snore, but I stayed up all night one night to see if I snored, and I didn't.

You should probably have a bottle of drinking water by the bed and take a couple of swigs of water through the night if you can. Otherwise, you're going to do some deep breathing, maybe a little bit of snoring, and you're going to wake up dry as a bone.
  • SalMolhadoSalMolhado Posts: 16Enrolled
    If I have an air umidifier it will be better? Because it hurts before I sleep, its like the air is more dry(it's winter here in Brazil), but my parents don't feel as much as I do.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 170Pro
    Winter is hell in an arid climate... the heaters dry the air, unless you have a humidifier connected to your air exchange system. Barring that, put a cool mist humidifier in your room at least and increase your water intake.
  • bentkbentk Posts: 353Pro
    edited August 11
    Several factors can affect this 'dry feel' of the throat.
    do you generally drink enough water in a day? (about 2 litres or so).

Keeping the environment at a healthy humidity is a very good idea in general. So go for it!
    I have a dry throat now and then, and sometimes i placed a bowl of water on the heater to humidify the room.

All the best,

Ben
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 149Pro
    In the winter when the forced air is drying everything out, I put a bowl of water next to the heat vent. When it gets low, I refill it.

Peace, Tony
    I drink 3 to 4L of water hahaha! I talk with my Physiotherapist (well-informed person) and problably is the acid reflex thing. I drink one or two glasses of water after lunch and sleep 30 minutes after dinner, I stopped doing this starting from now, if I don't comment in this subject anymore it is because it worked.

Thanks everyone for helping me with that quickness :smiley:
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,280Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Yes, I thought about that later. Acid reflux does have a "burning" feeling that can be mistaken for a terribly dry throat.
    Ken posted that video just in time, one night and i'm better.