Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

is there a routine to the chords you're playing on guitar to support propper pitch singing?

Hi there,
I was wondering if there was a clear routine to the chords played in accompaniment to the singing exercises. Sometimes an A chord is played first but not always...you see what I mean? Would be cool to have the defined chord progression Ken is playing, whats more for the audio track exercises. Thanks so much!
best regards, Bob

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 12,508Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    The chords start at different pitches for different exercises. Othewise, they simply go up the neck, fret-by-fret, until you get to the highest scale, then they go back down the scale, fret-by-fret.

It's not so much a chord progression, it's just a chromatic scale going up and coming back down.
  • BobbyBlue72BobbyBlue72 Posts: 4Member
    ok. thks. Think I got it. So it's like always an F chord shape going up and down the neck. Starting sometimes on A or F or whatever else chord with F shape, right?
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 12,508Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Yes. Barre chords are the easiest way to just follow along with Ken.

Besides the "F" chord, there is also a "second position" barre chord form that starts at Bb, just moved over one set of strings, from the F chord. You can keep going up the guitar neck in second position, instead of running out of frets at the body of the guiar.