Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
Options

is there a routine to the chords you're playing on guitar to support propper pitch singing?

Hi there,
I was wondering if there was a clear routine to the chords played in accompaniment to the singing exercises. Sometimes an A chord is played first but not always...you see what I mean? Would be cool to have the defined chord progression Ken is playing, whats more for the audio track exercises. Thanks so much!
best regards, Bob

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    The chords start at different pitches for different exercises. Othewise, they simply go up the neck, fret-by-fret, until you get to the highest scale, then they go back down the scale, fret-by-fret.

It's not so much a chord progression, it's just a chromatic scale going up and coming back down.
  • Options
    BobbyBlue72BobbyBlue72 Member Posts: 4
    ok. thks. Think I got it. So it's like always an F chord shape going up and down the neck. Starting sometimes on A or F or whatever else chord with F shape, right?
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Yes. Barre chords are the easiest way to just follow along with Ken.

Besides the "F" chord, there is also a "second position" barre chord form that starts at Bb, just moved over one set of strings, from the F chord. You can keep going up the guitar neck in second position, instead of running out of frets at the body of the guiar.