Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Resuming to sing after two weeks of sore throat

For first week i had sore throat, and for second week, i was coughing and my pitch was normal and my throat was not aching even when drinking water. Now i have two spots near my tonsils, tonsils r not swelled now but my mouth is red little bit. I m vocally comfortable and physically too, can i resume my singing as it will not hurt in anyway? It s been two weeks i didn t sang :(
Peace

Comments

• bentkbentk Posts: 478Pro
    If you are unsure about your tonsils and it is not improving, then you should go see a doctor. We can not possibly know the cause.

I had an ordinary cold a month ago or so, and i tried to sing now and then. Just less than i normally would. But i can not judge your condition, therefore it is difficult to give you advice.

I've seen some advice on the forum to sing through a cold, but that depends on the condition you are in. Sometimes the cause of a sore throat can be a serious infection, it might not be advisable to sing then. I think you would notice if you have a serious infection.

But again, please seek the advice of a doctor when it comes to the medical aspect.

All the best and i hope your recover well,

Ben
  • MmkMmk Posts: 21Member
    Taking homeopathic medicine, it is a lazy soldier u know, so i would not sing for more days, that was helpfuk