Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

I FINALLY SUNG AN A4

It's wild. I could sing up to a G4 before in what I would call "chest voice". But that was through sheer force of the diaphragm and no vowel modifications. It took a lot of practice to get to that G4 from my previous E4. I thought I had hit a wall and started giving up. I classified myself as "genetically disadvantaged" and stopped practicing for a while. I started back last week and I am so glad I did. Upon singing the A4 everything made sense. Before I attempted, I was humming on my way to my apartment for lunch. I was trying to be quiet because I like to be polite when walking down the street. I hummed the chorus of End Transmission by Fire From the Gods. With being quiet, I was "taking off the weight of the notes", but I didn't sing airy because I know that's dangerous for beginners. Anyways, I figured I'd try to do the same thing but at a louder volume. And when I did, it all made sense.

Here's a link to the phrase I sang for proof:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ivl1tczwlyrvq/Is there another way A4 Chest (online-audio-converter.com).mp3?dl=0

Now granted, it's a little strained and nasal, so don't blast it. I'm telling you. IT'S PIERCING.

Comments