Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

I FINALLY SUNG AN A4

It's wild. I could sing up to a G4 before in what I would call "chest voice". But that was through sheer force of the diaphragm and no vowel modifications. It took a lot of practice to get to that G4 from my previous E4. I thought I had hit a wall and started giving up. I classified myself as "genetically disadvantaged" and stopped practicing for a while. I started back last week and I am so glad I did. Upon singing the A4 everything made sense. Before I attempted, I was humming on my way to my apartment for lunch. I was trying to be quiet because I like to be polite when walking down the street. I hummed the chorus of End Transmission by Fire From the Gods. With being quiet, I was "taking off the weight of the notes", but I didn't sing airy because I know that's dangerous for beginners. Anyways, I figured I'd try to do the same thing but at a louder volume. And when I did, it all made sense.

Here's a link to the phrase I sang for proof:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ivl1tczwlyrvq/Is there another way A4 Chest (online-audio-converter.com).mp3?dl=0

Now granted, it's a little strained and nasal, so don't blast it. I'm telling you. IT'S PIERCING.

Comments