Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

I'm alive... :)

I'm Delia, from near Albany, NY.

I've been watching Ken's videos on YouTube, and I just can't afford the do the course at this time, so I'm going to plug away at the videos and keep practicing and see what happens.

I haven't been comfortable singing in front of people, since I was around 11 or 12 years old and quit select choir.

Maybe someday I'll get to that point. I can sure sing a mean song in the car though! And I'm finally getting a little more comfortable singing in front of my children.

I'm guessing my biggest problem is breathing issues. I find that when singing at home or in the car, I often end up having to yawn while singing, which I'm guessing means I'm not breathing properly and so my body is looking for air. Seems logical to me... BUT, when I sing during church services (from the congregation) I have NEVER yawned? So I wonder if I'm just psyching myself out at home, but just let it rip at church? I just want to be able to sing a song without feeling embarrassed. If I can get to the point of singing on the stage at church, I'll be over the moon!

I was once told I sounded a bit like Jo Dee Messina, but I'm not so sure.

Looking forward to this journey to do something "for myself". Sort of my mid-life crisis.