Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Killer Queen- Queen

DiegoDiego Posts: 357Member
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0KzgzFEEDKx
Here's a Queen track I made right now, freshly baked out of the oven lol. Enjoy.
And as always, feedback is appreciated! :-)

Comments

• videoacevideoace Posts: 1,212Pro, 2.0 PRO
    That wasn't bad, and you even hit those really high notes toward the end.

My critique would be that it's a bit nasally for me. Maybe not have the sound so much in your face area?

Peace, Tony
  • DiegoDiego Posts: 357Member
    Thanks Tony :-),
    Does the whole song sound nasal or only some parts? Like which lines for example?
    @videoace
    The whole song. It just seems like too much face to me. Other than that it was really good.
    Go back, and listen to the original a few times, but listen to the feel of it instead of the technique, and try it again. Freddie was a passionate singer.

Peace, Tony
    Thanks for the comment @videoace
    I really want to try and embody this song in the best way possible. :-)

Thanks once again,
    Diego
    I'm working on another big song though @videoace , I don't know if you've heard about it (lol kidding) It's Bohemian Rhapsody. I keep changing stuff around all the time, because it's really difficult to replicate that.
    Personally when it comes to Queen, I like songs such as "Spread Your Wings", and "Get Down Make Love". He was a great vocalist for sure.
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,372Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    It has some good moments. Some of the cuts between chest voice and head are a little too edited-sounding. But editing can be a way to learn a song, piece-by-piece.
  • MattoMatto Posts: 13Member
    edited January 8
    Pretty nice, I like the falsetto tone, sounds pretty Mercury-esque. Interesting about the face - I seem to find my sweet spot by leaning as deep as possible into the mask and I've also noticed that control of the voice, such as tricky trills and scales a la Freddie's scale at the end of Somebody to Love or Coverdale's signature trills and frills, are actually dead easy when I lean full into the mask but extremely difficult when I don't, but I've discovered it sounds crap unless you also lean similarly into chest at the same time (seems to me that head = the treble register, and chest = the bass which both need to be balanced). Then again, what works for one guy won't work for another if they have completely different problems.
    @highmtn thanks for the feedback
    Does it sound nasal? Should I try and do it again?

-Diego
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,372Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    I don't see any need to do it again. It's not perfect, but if you want it perfect, you have a lot of work to do.
    @Matto Thanks for the compliment. I'm aiming for that Mercury-like falsetto. It's pretty fast and I like how it sounds.

-Diego