Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

After 7 months of practicing i was ready to give up

DragonVoiceDragonVoice Posts: 3Member, Enrolled
I'v always told my friends that i believed singing was something than can be learned and not just an amazing ability you're gifted.

As a piano and guitar player I got really immersed in the idea of learning how to sing. I watched hundreds of youtube videos, learned concepts theories and idea's. I quickly realized this might be one of the hardest things i'v ever tried to tackle. I learned basic exercises and what their goals were and eventually bought a vocal workout CD that i used EVERYDAY. my range improved... but that was about it, my voice still sounded like a dieing cow and i was ready to give up. Nothing else sucks more than feeling like you're wasting your time. I know it takes years to really improve your voice but i couldn't help but feel i accomplished nothing. I was ready to quit.

HOWEVER, since i love singing so much i decided id give it one last try with everything I got. I bought the Ken Tamplin Program and I'm ready to start fresh. His new approach shows me that i still haven't tried everything just yet. I'm hoping that being part of a larger community and taking this journey with others will keep me inspired. I'm a 22 year old male from Miami Florida with a fulltime job. Please feel free to reach out to me with all the tips and tricks. I'm hoping to make a lot of friends along the way :).

Comments