Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Possible to make it in music if your an 80s style rocker?

wondering if it's possible to make it in music, or at least have a career in music, apart from Youtube as an 80s rock singer/guiarist.
are beguiling vocals really giving way to thin auto-tuned RNB music? Nothing wrong with RnB if your into that stuff.

Comments

• videoacevideoace Posts: 1,808Pro, 2.0 PRO
    It's more than possible. People are making a living still doing 70s shows. There is a local group in my area that does nothing but the 80s hits (hair band stuff), and their shows are packed every night.

Autotune, where do I begin. First off, I don't believe in using it. If you can't keep pitch or hit the notes, you don't belong in a studio. It also does something to the sound of your voice that I don't care for. I could go on, and on about it, but I think you get it lol.

Peace, Tony
  • ContraltoLivesMatterContraltoLivesMatter Posts: 122Member
    So agree, I wish I could be the fem kind of poionette rocker and be known, but not full out famous. i just want want to create rock music with a good sounding vocals