Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Too close vocal

https://youtu.be/hs7mAtz1J5o

Please let me know whats wrong? I know I got a bit tired at the end and couldn't hit that high note...

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    The high notes are a little bit flat. You don't have enough support to lean into those notes and make them sustain, so they drop off too early. They need a little more solid tone and sustain. Your voice itself sounds good. The foundation is a little bit weak.
  • LukmenLukmen Member Posts: 29
    Thanks! could you tell me what could help me to achieve better support?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Watch Ken's Youtube Videos on diaphragmatic support. He shows you how to do abdominal breathing and explains how it works.

It's kind of hard to describe in detail, without going on and on.

The main thing you want to achieve, that's really hard to get a handle on, is to learn to push down on your diaphragm to oppose the tendency of the air to want to come out too fast and too loose.

So you compress and hold the air back, only releasing the minimum amount that you can, while keeping the flow very even.

There are pages and pages written about it in the student areas of the forums, but it's a little tough to grasp until you experience it.

Bob
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @Lukmen Man you've got a GREAT sounding voice. If you can get a handle on the breath support and air flow that @highmtn is talking about, your voice could be a monster instrument. Can't wait to hear more from you as you make progress!