Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Tennesse Whiskey

Hi Guys.
Session from today, unmixed but a little panned

Comments

• Options
    SemiSemi Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 153
    That`s a nice country tune @streeter, didn`t know it before. You have successfully added new flavor to your artistry, great job!
  • Options
    MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    I think I just developed a taste for country after hearing that! Good job.
  • Options
    Dan_NZDan_NZ Pro Posts: 49
    Nice work @streeter, been getting into Chris Stapleton recently and I love his style. And I must say sir you do this song the justice it deserves. I gave it a crack last week myself and avoided those vocal runs as I'm not there yet.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679

Final version, guitars and Vox by me.

@Semi
    @Matsy
    @Dan_NZ
    @KaiEllis

@Dan_NZ Stapleton is an absolute monster. I thought he doubled it on the record cause he couldn't hit it but man... he kills it live as well. Must have been the producers choice. He has some sick chops and runs. Another one of those guys that just has the Voice/Body/Mind connection just happening. Whatever he thinks he can execute.
  • Options
    KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @streeter great job, bro! I just got turned onto Stapleton myself earlier this year. One of my buddies busted this song out at karaoke and I couldn't believe the quality of songwriting I was hearing.

Love how great your support, compression, and tone are. Just solid consistency throughout. That phrase "gets me high" at 2:20 had the same strength as every other note.

What did you do to arrange this rendition? Is this a karaoke track?
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
    @KaiEllis
    I played it. I'm a guitarist originally.
  • Options
    KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    BRO! Then this is even more impressive! Well done!!!