Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hello from Bavaria (Germany)

M_WiedmannM_Wiedmann Posts: 12.0 PRO
edited June 30 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Greetings Forum of the KTVA!!

My Name is M_W and I´ve kinda been singing a great part of my life.
But only very little with a voice teacher.
Well to make a long story short - I was mainly a rhythm guitarist in some bands I joined.
And since I was already singing along to any tune I always got the singing position as well.
I did my part but was never really satisfied with the results.
Also I was in denail about rock singing - watching some singers of the NuMetal Movement absolutely destroying their voices and so on. Also some local bands went through some singers by covering Nirvana and ACDC so I was on the presumption that you can only sing these kind of songs for a few years before forever losing ones voice.
5 years later
I was already studying to become a teacher when I first felt the need to get some vocal lessons.
So I did and really just scratched the basics for half an year. That helped for the choir practice then...
3 years later
I was singing in Stuttgarts biggest gospel choir "GiO" and after some time in the tenor section I descided to apply for a solo position.
The audition didn´t end as I suspected. I didn´t get the part but the conductor gave me the number of a vocal teacher.
I studied with him for almost 2 years until I tried again while the choir made a workshop.
The conductor was visibly impressed with my advance ... but then I had to leave Stuttgart for professional reasons (laid off... new job in a little bavarian valley. ....

Then for 3 years almost nothing happened.

The little village only had an classical quoir, which I tried, but It just didn´t sit well with me. I lost my joy in singing and just focused doodling on my guitar. more or less...

Now after another move to Munich I´m back and kicking and since joining a Band (Bluesrock, Southern Rock) I went back to singing and playing rhythm. Then I Learned about KTVA and now I´,m looking to improve my voice, so I can rock the stage of our local Jam Sessions loud and proud!

I´m greatful for this forum and I´m looking forward to connecting with you guys!

sincerely,
M_W

Comments