Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

how can i classify my vocal range

Hi,

Im on Volumn 2 now and Ken mentioned so many times about beri n tenor, so i think i would b better understand n feeling the exercise if i know what i am.

But im totally no background to know how to classify vocal range. i've been searching for range classify clip, but still doesn't feel right. The clip is below:

can i use this one? and when i do it, i have to use only chest voice? or includ head voice too?

Thanks for help!! 

Best Answers

Answers

• TungPavintTungPavint Posts: 18Pro
    Yaa, I'll used this classification just for my initial understanding on Ken's lesson. Coz from the passed 3 months, i knew that KTVA course can put me through lot more.

Thanks a lot Bob, and sorry for late, but Merry Christmas to u, to Ken, to all our KTVA Family!!
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,466Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro

It's still Christmas where I am right now, and I have a slice of fresh pumpkin pie in my lap as I write this!

Merry Christmas to you as well, @tung.p  !!!

Bob

• TungPavintTungPavint Posts: 18Pro
    ohhh, i forgot our time zone!

Im totally apoligized to disturb you on good day like this. This just made me even more apprecited for your kindness for helping.

I do wish you the all best Bob.

Tung Pavint

No problem, @Tung.

I am privileged to be able to help you and encourage you in your vocal journey! 

The pie was delicious and I enjoyed it while reading and answering your message.  It had a nice scoop of ice cream on top!

: ^ )

Bob

Actually dairy of any kind is supposed to be terrible for your voice, in terms of creating mucus.

That said, nothing beats a couple of gargantuan scoops of ice cream on top of some delicious Holiday Pie!!!

Yum, Yum.  'Tis the Season!!

; ^ )

Bob