Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Getting sleepy during audio workouts

utauutau Posts: 2Member
edited June 10 in Off Topic
Hi! I joined KTVA about a week ago. I'm seeing changes already and am enjoying it, but I have a problem; I get very sleepy during audio workout for some reason. I'm definitely not bored! I like the workout so I want to keep on doing them, but it exhausts me somehow! I usually have to nap afterwards. I'm not yawning during workouts, but it almost feels like I've been out for a run and I only do my workouts around 11am or 1pm. I thought the breathing technique might be causing it, in which case I just have to get over it, but I used to sing about 7-8 hours straight (without the proper breathing I believe) and this has never happened. Is this something that everyone goes through or could I be doing something wrong?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,515Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    I think you're just slightly hyperventilating, from the increased breathing you may be doing in your workouts. And, as you said, this will probably become less and less apparent as you continue to build stamina and acclimate to your workouts.
  • utauutau Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the reply! I had no idea how much stamina you need for vocal training... I'll wait and see then :smile: