Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Is it possible to sing this song softer?

Hello !
I had some difficulties in the past (a close past) to sing high notes without singing too loud.
I've tried to work on it but there are some songs where i cant sing them without being loud like this song especially in the chorus : Hang me up to dry by Cold War Kids.

Is it normal or can i change it and how?
Do i need to use glottal compression for it ?
Thanks by advance !

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,665Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    You would need to cut back the air a lot to sing the B4's without blowing out your voice. That would be glottal compression.
  • philnathphilnath Posts: 29Pro
    Ok so thank you so much , i've finally complete one of my goal who was to sing softer , with glottal compression i can do this (It was so long for me to understand the concept)
    And so i want to go further , and i've tried to do distorsion which is my 2 lifegoal with singing and i dont understand how we can do this i work with cord closure and pushing more down on the diaphragm but it wont distort , i sing more easily etc but can distort it :p
    Could you help me ?

I can't tell you how much the forum and you particularly have helped me with singing
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,665Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    You need to take the discussion to the student area on Distortion and Glottal Compression.
  • philnathphilnath Posts: 29Pro
    Okay no problem i'll do that !