Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Do I understand Chest, Mixed and Head techniques correctly?

Be careful with the volume if you are using headphones. Especially in the Cry technique demonstration, the tension in my throat will feel very unpleasant to your ears.

Rock you like a hurricane (Head Voice Demonstration)

Shallow-Lady Gaga (Cry technique mixed voice demonstration)
My throat really struggles here even though these notes are the lowest in my head voice range which should make them the best candidates for my mixed range. Probably it's fine since it's literally the second time I'm practicing mixed voice, I just hope I understood the technique correctly.

So Far Away From Avenged Sevenfold (Putting everyting into a song)
I need to improve a lot my English accent, but this is not a priority for now.
At the ending of that song, I have no Idea what I'm doing.

I would like to mention that I practiced Chest Voice for like a year while I just started with mixed and head voice.

Am I on the right path? Or am I doing something terribly wrong?
I probably have this voice too where you exhale too much air from your nose. Still can't get rid of that.

I have watched most of the videos "How to sing better than anyone else."

Thank you.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    All your track are set to private so I couldn't listen to them. As far as your range for mix and head voice, if you are in the range that is the lowest for your head voice, you might still have trouble mixing unless you have total control over your low head voice. Mix is a percentage of chest and head, and usually the best control of your mix voice happens where your best control of your chest and head voice overlap.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I got them to work, had to accept cookies :)

These aren't too bad, there's things to work on that will take some time. I think you are using some support and have the concept of managing how much air you use. Now you need to grow your support so that everything is rock solid when you sing high or belt things out. Those high notes can be sustained for alot longer as well with good support and cutting back your air. You do have a tiny bit of nasality, its not overkill and will just need focus like everything we are learning to adjust it to not something you are always relying on.

Keep it up mate!