Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Singing During Fasting

Is there any muslim's friend in here???anybody??
How do you guys keep your voice in a good shape during this holy months?

I know its hard to sing during this fasting months especially since we are prohibited to eat/drink during day..and the only time left are after tarawih..personally, i find myself struggle to hit high chest notes even after iftar..

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited April 2021
    while i don't have personal experience, i would imagine that it can't hurt to take it a bit easier on the training during that time. skip some exercises etc. take it easy, and don't feel like you are "cheating" or missing out. throw in a "full" training now and then. but don't overdo it

when for whatever reason (being at my parents, on holidays...) i resort to a reduced protocol for some time (usually 1-2 weeks at a time) i always find that there is some big leap when i go back into normal training. maybe it works for you too!

another thing, you probably should try to put the training at a time where you can drink water, ideally also where you had water for some time before you start so that you are hydrated properly
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    edited April 2021
    @mey_luqman98,

Hey mate, that does sound pretty tough. If you can't eat or drink, I wonder if you could breathe steam? In Ken's vid on mucus he talks about the MyPurMist product. I am thinking of getting one of these as I am suffering a post nasal drip that makes me want to cough all the time.
    https://www.mypurmist.com.au/

But I thought maybe this product or one like it could be good to help hydrate your vocal cords before singing if you can't drink water :wink: .

Regrads,

Scotty
  • mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2021
    @Klaus_T

yeahh thank you so much..i think i have been thinking the right thing all this time..its not hurt to take it a little easy in this time...maybe in just this month i will focused only on not making my chest voice to atrophy..and also i will try to put the practice in time where i can eat and drink just so i could stay hydrated enough..

Ohh and by the way i just notice that you had badge upgrade from "PRO" to Moderator 2.0 PRO..i remember the last time i visit here it was "PRO" badge beside your username..congratulation on your upgrade..😃
  • mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2021
    @codeowl yeahh it can be pretty tough and challenging..although it does not mean i cant use my support properly..i just need to push a little harder than any normal day..right now i will have to put @Klaus_T word into consideration and take it a little easy..

Thanks for suggesting that..i wonder if it can help fix my sinus issues too since i also suffered one..i will have to try to check it out later..thanks anyway😃
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    haha thanks man yeah i made it ;)
  • anantadevdattaanantadevdatta Member Posts: 2
    Practice After Iftaar if you have energy that time.