Home› GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

My first demo link decided to do a Johnny Nash I Can See Clearly now includes revised 2nd try.

VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,606
Just a beginner and decided to get this out to the experts just to see where my vocals are.

https://soundcloud.com/user-655368135-887002322/i-can-see-clearly-now-upload/s-mpquJ

Comments

  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hey @Vocality hope you are well, you have to work on different things but I would start working with the support exercises and feel where that takes you :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE

  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,606
    edited October 2018
    Hi Gaston thanks for your feed back, tried this song a few of times prior to recording this one and did vocal warm up with scales. noticed more crackling up in the lower parts of the scale epecially on the ah vowel.

    Thought I had the nailed the diaphram support need to try again and will work on this song as a guage on my progress.

    I knew this one was not perfect but that's where the experts can guide me to improvement.

    Also looking to get a decent set head phones and condenser mic for more accurate monitoring. At the moment singing through a Sennheiser e835 dynamic mic into a small soundcraft mixer with Rokit6 Monitors.

    Plenty to work on

    Many Thanks

  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Vocality remember that the best feedback comes from your own ears. Spending more money on gear isn't going to really help you improve that. Focus on matching the notes that you hear to your voice. Get an app for your phone like SingSharp (it is free) that will tell you where your pitch is and then use that to fine tune your sound. Technique trumps gear everyday.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,606
    Thank you HuduVudu I will try that App Singsharp should help along side diaphram support.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,606
    Thanks Gaston applied a much tighter diaphram it made all the difference during scale and vowel mods. Now I am gonna apply it to the song and see how I get on.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,606
    edited October 2018
    I have been not applying enough support just take that little bit advice.https://soundcloud.com/user-655368135-887002322/i-can-see-clearly-now-better-diaphram-support-c/s-WbTao
Sign In or Register to comment.