Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Christmas Time again.

videoacevideoace Posts: 1,534Pro, 2.0 PRO
Just a reminder. Start getting your Christmas songs together.

Posting your songs will begin Dec, 1st, and run until Dec, 23rd. (not many, if any will be here on the 24th and 25th.)

Hope to get more participation this year. (You too mods heh heh)

Anyway Hopefully it will be as much fun as last year, and I'm looking forward to hearing ALL of you carolers out there.

Have fun! Ho Ho Ho!

Peace, Tony

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2582.0 PRO
    Hi Tony, I already practice every day. BTW, do you know how hard it is for me, as a german guy, to sing the word "through"?

Peace, Doc
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 3882.0 PRO
    edited November 11
    @doc_ramadani

This will help you.

Needless to say the vowel sound is OOH. So this should be easy peasy :tongue:
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 1,534Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Hey Doc. Do you ever listen to the Scorpions? You could probably pick up some tips from listening to how Klaus Meine does his wordings. He's a fantastic singer. Check his style out if you haven't listened to them. A song I would recommend is "The Wind Of Change"

Peace, Tony
  • bentkbentk Posts: 968Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Talking about scorpions, i would watch Ken's cover of Still Loving You on youtube. He talks about the singer there, and how he sings etc.
    edited November 13
    @HuduVudu, @videoace, @bentk:

Thanks for you tipps. And for sure I know Klaus. He is absolutely great. One of my favorite songs is "Rock you like a hurricane".

And i think I know how to pronounce "through". But this phrase is not so easy to sing:

Second verse at 1:24:

Regards,
    Doc
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 508Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    edited November 13
    @doc_ramadani its just as for americans its complicated to say the R many times, as a classic vocal exercise, very similar to the burble, while in latin america its pretty common, (rodrigo, roberto, rico, Raul ricardo) but I guess as everything, it can be trained
    my counsel on the through word would be to think the "Th" as "im gonna put my tongue touching the front teeth and blow as when I say a D", not sure if that helps but anyways its worth the try :)
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,747Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    What is difficult for many American English speakers is to TRILL our "r's". We can do lazy R's all day long, but try to get us to roll the rrrrrrrrr's and we're tongue-tied.
    To sum up: :)

I managed to mess up Tony's post totally. I think it was initially intended to be the post where we are going to post our christmas songs. Sorry for that, Tony (@videoace). Does anyone mind if Tony or I open an new discussion where we will only post our christmas contributions? - And I promise you that I will hold back myself. :D

Regards,
    Doc