Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Jumping in at the deep end - A Newbie seeking feedback

Hello!

I'd love to get some feedback on my voice. It's pretty light and doesn't really have the power I want to express in my singing. What should be the focus to take it to the next level?

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    You are making your voice breathy, and that's what's preventing you from getting, that full sound you want to achieve. I'd say you could use better support, and not let that much air out.
  • What you want to do in the beginning is to read the pdf. file that is provided for each volume. (start with volume 1 obviously)

Next, get familiar with the techniques in the volume 1 instruction video. Those are key.

You will want to spend some time exercising with the audio clips to strengthen the muscles in your throat, mid section, etc...... ( recommended time is an hour a day 5-6 days a week)

Once those things take place, you will start to notice more power in your voice, and your range will also increase as you go along.

If you get stuck on something, or not understanding a certain explanation, come here, and there are a lot of good people willing to help out not to mention the discussions you can read, videos you can watch, etc........

This is a full service program. I think you will be pleased with your decision to join.

Peace, Tony
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    I thought it sounded like a professional singer before you went to the high notes. Then the pitch seems to be wandering a bit. I'm not an expert on this but it sounds like your voice has a lot of potential to become great. Nice demo.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    hi @Lady you need to work more on your chest and call register, make sure you watch the videos of Ken explaining how to do that in vol 1 :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hello @Lady,

oh wow, I LOVE MARIA MENA. And I am absolutely with @videoace, @Michael4000 and @Gaston_Jauregui. I can hear a great potential, too.

First focus on all the basic things. I stopped singing songs for the first months because I noticed that I fall back on bad habits. These days I got comfortable with the basics and I am working on my first songs. This helped me a lot.

Good to have you here.

Regards,
    Doc