New Task Challenge Demo links
ContraltoLivesMatter
Member Posts: 124
Here is the First Demo from Day one of my challenge to nail The Bangles version of September Gurls, and figure out Michael Steele's vocal style (I'm not attempting to sound like her, just the style) here is my first link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogl0f0dzbmyubvi/1stDemo.mp3?dl=0
Caroline
All Feed back is welcome....Also the E.Q is a bit dark on the track for some unknown reason. Been having trouble with Studio One, since it update it's not as good.
Caroline
All Feed back is welcome....Also the E.Q is a bit dark on the track for some unknown reason. Been having trouble with Studio One, since it update it's not as good.
Comments
-
I needed to hold the note on Well...and Mind.... it was a quick demo.
- To me this has a slight Punk Rock vibe, with really well trained vocals developed through Ken's Method I will have my own sound going on for sure. I was Talking in a comment on YouTube about liking Michael Steele' Vocal Style, and Ken answered me telling me how she is more of a story teller and has this ethereal kinda sound...And it really made me adjust how I sing, His advice helped me find my vocal niche...It's easy on my throat mostly open stuff and just suits me well. Ken is such as Wonderful Human Being! I really like it when he did Jermaine Jacksons part in his YouTube video of "ABC"/
-
If you like Michael Steele's voice you should give Chrissy Hynde from the Pretenders a go. Her voice is very similar.
Peace, Tony -
I like Sandy Denny too
-
Sandy Denny has a really strong voice for a folk singer. She can get up there pretty high too.
Peace -
Yeah she can Michael Steele did a Sandy Denny Song or two...she got there with it. But Sadly it's something I will not attempt...if I did it would be North Star The Grassman, and The Ravens. Here's a link to Michael doing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQi4C1raHo
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy