Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

New Task Challenge Demo links

Here is the First Demo from Day one of my challenge to nail The Bangles version of September Gurls, and figure out Michael Steele's vocal style (I'm not attempting to sound like her, just the style) here is my first link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogl0f0dzbmyubvi/1stDemo.mp3?dl=0

Caroline

All Feed back is welcome....Also the E.Q is a bit dark on the track for some unknown reason. Been having trouble with Studio One, since it update it's not as good.

Comments

• ContraltoLivesMatterContraltoLivesMatter Posts: 122Member
    edited November 2018
    I needed to hold the note on Well...and Mind.... it was a quick demo.
    - To me this has a slight Punk Rock vibe, with really well trained vocals developed through Ken's Method I will have my own sound going on for sure. I was Talking in a comment on YouTube about liking Michael Steele' Vocal Style, and Ken answered me telling me how she is more of a story teller and has this ethereal kinda sound...And it really made me adjust how I sing, His advice helped me find my vocal niche...It's easy on my throat mostly open stuff and just suits me well. Ken is such as Wonderful Human Being! I really like it when he did Jermaine Jacksons part in his YouTube video of "ABC"/ :smile:
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 2,112Pro, 2.0 PRO
    If you like Michael Steele's voice you should give Chrissy Hynde from the Pretenders a go. Her voice is very similar.

Peace, Tony
  • I like Sandy Denny too
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 2,112Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Sandy Denny has a really strong voice for a folk singer. She can get up there pretty high too.

Peace
  • Yeah she can Michael Steele did a Sandy Denny Song or two...she got there with it. But Sadly it's something I will not attempt...if I did it would be North Star The Grassman, and The Ravens. Here's a link to Michael doing it.