IMPROVEMENT! Fallen Angel New Link
ContraltoLivesMatter
Member Posts: 124
This is just a recording off my cell phone. I'm pitching better and brighter than usual. Sometimes I notice I can have a "Too bright like edge on my vocal sound" don't know what that means. However; I've got the song worked up to rehearsal ability.
Using my diaphragm support "really using the muscles" but when they get toned up it will be great!
Really quite proud of my little achievement here's the link keep in mind it is a Cell Phone recording that was sitting half a room away from myself when it was recorded. https://www.dropbox.com/s/io4v0m0959987lv/My recording 8.wav?dl=0
* I also discovered the breathing pattern of the song, So before I would only sing short phrases at a time, which I got from Micki Steele I guess....But now I felt what it's like to be able to "Slide into a note from a previous phrase. This week has been non stop improvements.
*So I am beginning to sing like me I kinda got a feel for what I sound like. I held a bit of tension between vowels on my diaphragm too which helped Hold my Placement in the song.
Imagine what I could do When I buy the course... I want it on USB with the leather USB holder! LOOKS great in the pics for the course on the home page.
Also, Even-though a contralto by nature...I think I got into a low Alto here correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Caroline
Using my diaphragm support "really using the muscles" but when they get toned up it will be great!
Really quite proud of my little achievement here's the link keep in mind it is a Cell Phone recording that was sitting half a room away from myself when it was recorded. https://www.dropbox.com/s/io4v0m0959987lv/My recording 8.wav?dl=0
* I also discovered the breathing pattern of the song, So before I would only sing short phrases at a time, which I got from Micki Steele I guess....But now I felt what it's like to be able to "Slide into a note from a previous phrase. This week has been non stop improvements.
*So I am beginning to sing like me I kinda got a feel for what I sound like. I held a bit of tension between vowels on my diaphragm too which helped Hold my Placement in the song.
Imagine what I could do When I buy the course... I want it on USB with the leather USB holder! LOOKS great in the pics for the course on the home page.
Also, Even-though a contralto by nature...I think I got into a low Alto here correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Caroline
Comments
-
The recording isn't bad. It's clear enough to hear everything. Your phrases and vowels are all very short, so it's hard to really hear your pitching at times. In Ken's course, you'll learn to do Contiguous Phrase singing where you maximize the vowels and minimize the consonants. Elongated vowels are actually what makes singing be singing, instead of talking or rapping.
The actual sound of your voice is nice. It's just in such short snippets that it will be nice to hear more length in your notes as you get more into your vocal technique. -
Cool....Gives me something to work on 😊
-
Hi Caroline ( @ContraltoLivesMatter ),
and maybe it would be helpful to make a video of yourself singing. I recognized that I am able to give students a more detailed feedback when I am can see them singing. Sometimes there are simple things like posture, ribcage expansion, ...
Are you able to make videos and upload them?
Doc -
Possibly can try
-
-
See what I can do in the morning...
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

