Headphones vs. Earbuds
Michael4000
STREAMING PRO Posts: 1,028
I prefer using earbuds because of their portability and I think that the earbuds today have pretty high quality if you buy the right ones. Yet I still see a lot of musicians wearing the old school Brady Bunch over-the-ear headphones. Is there any disadvantage to using earbuds? @videoace or anyone else knowledgeable
Comments
-
I use my over-the-ear headphones for recording, and use my IEM for live (earbuds).
The reason I do that is because the IEM is bassy sounding to me even on the highest treble setting, but I know that my over the ear headphones have a true sound so I prefer to use them for recording.
Peace -
Michael4000 said:
I prefer using earbuds because of their portability and I think that the earbuds today have pretty high quality if you buy the right ones. Yet I still see a lot of musicians wearing the old school Brady Bunch over-the-ear headphones. Is there any disadvantage to using earbuds? @videoace or anyone else knowledgeable
You say 'earbuds'....do you mean cheap ones that people listen to music on, or proper in ear monitors for musicians? Don't use 'earbuds'....use in ear monitors.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy