Home› INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New student who (no former training) from Virginia Beach, VA!!

Hi!!

I am a new student who has been singing for a while and has never had vocal lessons!! I want to start by saying I am EXTREMELY excited about learning! So much so that I would like feedback on my latest video of me singing Sam Cooke's song "A Change is going to come".


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hnCPl92Ips


Thanks!

-Michael Judah

Comments

  • We try not to post the same things in different categories to cut down on confusion so when you post something it will be seen, and people reply fairly quickly, but don't sweat it. We all stumble around here until we get used to the place.

    Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @MichaelJudah,

    Tony is right ( @videoace ). The earlier you learn the things the easier it gets for all of us.

    And man, THIS IS YOUR STARTING POINT??? :flushed:

    You are as crazy as @Diego!

    A very warm welcome from Germany.

    Doc
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Ooh! Them runs though!
    You are moving your jaw a bit on those runs, so try to not do that so much.
    You have a great starting point! You can definitely do a lot with that voice!
    Thanks for the mention @doc_ramadani btw!
    I like it!

    Keep it up.
  • @Diego, I can see that shameless promotion is not beyond you lol.

    That can be a positive. If you ever see my photos you will see my name on just about every one of them. lol

    Peace
  • MichaelJudahMichaelJudah 2.0 PRO Posts: 7
    Ok so I’ve been doing lessons alllll day lol I’m practicing this song “adorn” by Miguel. VERY HARD. Here is some raw footage! I would love to see some of you guys’ videos so I can see how you approach the upper range. It’s kind of hard for me being a Baritone.

    https://youtu.be/M1moXBM7K9Y
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @videoace I'm grateful for all the promotion doc is giving me!
    didn't expect him to like my stuff so much lol!
    thank you once again @doc_ramadani
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @MichaelJudah You could have a little more support on those higher notes. Take a look and check: Are you creating space in your throat? Are you releasing all that tension? Do you have the right posture?
  • MichaelJudahMichaelJudah 2.0 PRO Posts: 7
    @Diego these are all new concepts to me. Especially the support part. I will stay on Volume 1 until I master those things. It would help to see demonstrations. I just want to make sure I get it right in the beginning so I don’t practice wrong
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @Michael4000 On the first part of Volume 1, Ken does introduction videos, take a look at those and see how Ken does them. That will give you a good idea about the concepts and terms we're going to be using :-).
  • @MichaelJudah , Also there are demonstration videos of Ken instructing students as they do the exercises. Those videos are also valuable.

    Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    The youth must be supported. :D
  • JimiFxJimiFx 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 4
    Michael.... wow the Sam Cooke is awesome. I am anxious to see how far this course will take you. Nice job.
Sign In or Register to comment.